THINGS TO DO AFTER INSTALLING KALI LINUX PART-1
1. Enable sound:Most of them have this problem.
- pulseaudio -D
2. Changing repository:
- gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http:http.kali.orgkali kali-rolling main contrib non-free
save and exit.
Check for the latest repository here:
3. Update kali linux:type the below code
- apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade
4. Adding a standard user:Kali by default logs in as root. It is always better to use a second user. You can create a standard user.
(But you will have to use " sudo " for most of the commands)
- useradd -m <user name>
- passwd <your user name>
5. Install GDebi Package Manager:dpkg does'nt install dependencies automatically. but, gdebi installs dependencies automatically.
install it using,
- apt-get install gdebi -y